Re: Debian IS for the enterprise

Quoting John Hasler <john@dhh.gt.org>:

> Turbo Fredriksson writes:
> > But since we're (more than?) 600 developers, maintaining 8000 packages is
> > difficult. But if those 600 developers only had say 3000 (just a number
> > out the head), then more bugs could be fixed, and I could get more help
> > fixing MY bugs when/if I don't have the time (or knowledge, which is the
> > case in the listed packages).
>
> And if dumping 5000 packages resulted in the loss of 500 developers?

It won't. It may half the developer base, but I assume that there are 300
others that want to participate...

Besides the point really. Those that don't want to be a part of making
the best server OS should not be forced to be. We're not doing this so
that we can have a high developer base. We're doing this because we want
to do something good.
--
South Africa ammunition FBI congress tritium Treasury supercomputer
jihad colonel Soviet explosion iodine arrangements munitions security