Re: Anyone know anything about 3dwm?

On Fri, 2003-11-14 at 20:52, Sam Hocevar wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 15, 2003, Andrew Pollock wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to prepare a QA upload of the 3dwm source package, and close a
> > few of the trivial bugs assigned to it (mainly binary package descriptions
> > being shite).
>
>    Yes, they all suck pretty much. Here are my suggestions:
>
> Package: libcelsius
>  3Dwm is the Three-Dimensional Workspace Manager. It defines a full user
>  environment with support for three-dimensional user interfaces using a 3D
>  widget kit. It also provides some backwards compatiility with all the major
>  existing windowing systems using VNC.
>  .
>  This is libcelcius, 3Dwm's low-level interface library. It provides an
>  abstraction layer for details of the underlying operating system such as
>  threads management, mutex handling, synchronization, shared memory and
>  dynamically linked libraries.
>  .
>  This package provides the runtime shared library for libcelcius.

In the package-specific details (which I am happy to see you have placed
first in the description), you should probably drop the "This is
$PACKAGE" detail. Instead, write "$PACKAGE is [...]", which seems a
little more direct.

--
Joe Drew <hoserhead@woot.net> <drew@debian.org>

My weblog doesn't detail my personal life: http://me.woot.net