Re: Some observations regardig the progress towards Debian 3.1

Norbert Tretkowski <tretkowski@inittab.de> writes:
> * Adrian Bunk wrote:
>> - testing, unstable or Debian 3.0 with backports aren't suitable for
>>   production systems
>
> Of course it is, Debian 3.0 with a few _selected_ backports works
> nice, also on production systems.

As a user of several backports (namely kde3 and OOo), I must confirm
Adrian's stance.  The lastest example I stumbled upon is that if you
install kdebase-dev (or even qt3-dev) from the backport, you can't
install libgtk2.0-dev from woody, because both depend on different
libpng*-dev which are in conflict with each other.

So with this backport, I must choose between being able to build qt or
gtk apps, but not both.  Nice, eh ?

--
Yann Dirson    <ydirson@altern.org> |    Why make M$-Bill richer & richer ?
Debian-related: <dirson@debian.org> |   Support Debian GNU/Linux: