Re: Some observations regardig the progress towards Debian 3.1

On Tue, Nov 18, 2003 at 06:06:08PM +0100, Adrian Bunk wrote:

> This might work on pure servers, but how do you manage to run XFree86
> 4.1.0 on brand-new graphics cards (e.g. integrated graphics of brand-new
> Intel systems) in non-Vesa resolutions?

I don't, because I don't buy motherboards with on-board video.

> Most likely this laptop is two or three years old?

Even older, I'd think.  I've installed woody on newer systems, laptop or no.
To claim that it doesn't support "most" available new hardware just isn't
accurate.

> > I don't think that I implied that there was any particular reason for the
> > delays; the d-i folks would certainly know better.  My impression was that
> > it simply isn't finished yet.
>
> Why did debian-installer miss the dates in the latest release timeline
> by so many months?

Because those dates were made up out of thin air?

--
 - mdz