Re: Some observations regardig the progress towards Debian 3.1

On Tue, Nov 18, 2003 at 05:08:40PM +0100, Thomas -Balu- Walter wrote:

> For now I have to fiddle around, creating bootdisks with newer kernels,

Maybe I've just been very lucky, but I've yet to need to create a custom
boot disk to install any of my various systems.  I wouldn't consider
most of them to be extremely old, some of them were bought within the
last 6 months.  In all cases using the 2.4 kernel on the first woody cd
has worked fine for installation.

--
Jamin W. Collins

This is the typical unix way of doing things: you string together lots
of very specific tools to accomplish larger tasks. -- Vineet Kumar