Re: Some observations regardig the progress towards Debian 3.1

On Tue, 2003-11-18 at 15:28, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 18, 2003 at 02:14:49AM +0100, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> > The problem is, this often chaotic development system doesn't scale to
> > over 1200 developers (including many MIA developers).
>
> I think the only sticking point is determining when someone is actually MIA.
> Once it is established that they are MIA, NMUs and adoptions are relatively
> painless.

Would it be possible, when in a pre-release (semi-)freeze cycle, to
ping maintainers automatically when their package is blocking another
entering testing, so that the determination can be made within a
couple of days, instead of indeterminately?

zen