Re: Example of really nasty DD behavior

On Mon, Nov 17, 2003 at 11:32:27AM +0100, Duck wrote:
> When you find several ITPs filled more than 6 years ago and an official DD
> "seems" not to mind about using the BTS properly, you may wonder about the
> future of your prefered distribution.

Eh?

I think you are placing too much emphasis on the ITP and the WNPP
system. I think it has a useful place in avoiding (some) duplicate work,
searching for new owners for packagers etc, but don't expect every
transaction to go through that system.

I have created and uploaded several new packages without sending ITPs.
Usually these packages are discussed on a relevant mailing list (eg
debian-hams) where the target audience is listening, but I never put in
a formal WNPP entry. We co-ordinate without that.

Similarly I just gave away a couple of my packages to someone else. No O
or RFA bugs needed. I suppose if there were other people keen for those
packages they missed out :-| but they'd never contacted me.

Hamish