Re: Example of really nasty DD behavior

On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 14:14:48 +0100, Duck  <duck@duckcorp.org> said:

> As Martin Pitt said, I think it's wise contacting related persons,
> look at the program, and then, when you relly want to package it,
> write an ITP.  I won't post hundreds of ITPs in advance to be sure
> to get the packages i like and then reopen them when i don't those.

	Sure. And looking at the program rarely involves a lot of
 packaging wrk that would be thrown away. ITP _after_ looking at the
 program, and _before_ packaging it.  And I personally wait until I
 have a package before talking to upstream, cuts down on unrelated
 vapourware contacts to upstream in case I decide not to package
 things.

> I said i contacted people, looked à the program, but i didn't
> package anything. My ITP so came just before any real packaging
> work, and i don't think doing it earlier would have been adequate.

	And what is your complain, then? Someone managed to do the
 work you had not really done yet?

> I don't think this "fellow developer" wants to share HIS package
> with anybody.  And i don't think i'd like to work with a guy who is
> unable to communicate.

	And you are basing this assumption on what?

> I was just complaining about his behavior, i don't mind having this
> package or not. I've got enought packages to deal with, i just
> wanted to help the gnome packaging team (Sebastien Bacher is
> actually my sponsor) because this nice program was missing.

	What behaviour? That he is not telepathic, and packaghed
 something you had been merely thinking about working one, and had not
 actually told anyone using the ITP mechanism?

	It may be news to you, but only a select few debian developers
 are really telepathic.

	manoj
--
Higgins: Doolittle, you're either an honest man or a rogue. Doolittle:
A little of both, Guv'nor.  Like the rest of us, a little of