Re: Example of really nasty DD behavior

On Sun, Nov 16, 2003 at 05:17:07PM +0100, Duck wrote:
> > ITP means simply "intent to package". Anyone can, and judging by this case
> > probably should, announce their intention as soon as they see the program or
> > the RFP. You can always either confirm or withdraw your ITP later.
>
> Good behavior that to treat ITPs in an offhand manner.

Why not? What possible disadvantage is there in having to retract an ITP?
Sending one extra mail wastes too much of your time? (And yet you advocate
investigating and contacting the upstream beforehand?)

> > I'm sorry that you feel disappointed, but the other developer didn't
> > seem to do anything "really nasty", he was merely much more expeditious
> > than you were. He could have posted his ITP sooner, too (unless in the
> > unlikely event he actually made the package in a few minutes), but it's
> > not such a big deal.
>
> Being "expeditious", make "package in a few minutes", lack of
> communication are some reasons why Sarge is still not out. Bravo !

Yay for pointless overgeneralizations.

I haven't looked at the package at hand, but there are actually many
sources whose initial packaging can be done in a matter of minutes.

> I told my opinion and this conversation is over.

     2. That which causes joy or happiness.