Re: Some observations regardig the progress towards Debian 3.1

On Sat, Nov 15, 2003 at 08:48:04PM +0100, Josip Rodin wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 15, 2003 at 05:42:20PM +0100, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> > Please read it, and make your own opinions on where I'm right and where
> > I'm wrong, even if you might not agree with my opinions on other issues
> > or if you don't agree with everything below.
>
> Nice of you to vent steam onto the mailing lists and invite people to
> spend time reading. Except that we're not reading anything new, hardly
> anyone will bother trying to figure out exactly how the litany is helpful,
> and the final result will be that nothing will happen.
>
> The really sad thing in the whole story is that I've become[1] so bored with
> our fundamental problems that I can't even force myself to restate them in
> these threads, and instead skip over the discussion and foresee the
> conclusion.
>
> [1] and undoubtedly many others as well

Yes it is a fundamental problem.

But this problem needs either be fixed in any way or Debian should
officially announce that it's now a hackers-only distribution, since
it's due to the lack of stable releases not usable for serious systems.

_Why_ do these threads pop up without any solution if it's a
fundamental problem?

cu
Adrian

       "Only a promise," Lao Er said.