Re: gimp1.2: gimp package suggest non-free software

On Thu, Nov 13, 2003 at 08:31:21AM +0100, Mathieu Roy wrote:
> Adam Heath <doogie@debian.org> a tapoté :
>
> > On Wed, 12 Nov 2003, Mathieu Roy wrote:
> >
> >> 2) Do you have any valid proof of what you claim? Please, avoid being
> >>    a liar, this is a very bad attitude. Keep your personal feeling
> >>    out of this mailing-list, I do not give a toss about it and I think
> >>    that noone else does.
> >
> > A liar?  You have a very slant view on life.
> >
> > It's much better to say "you are mistaken" or "you are misinformed" then to
> > call someone a liar.  Because you have said it this way, it looks badly on
> > you, no matter what the other person has done.
>
> So someone can tell whatever he wants without taking care of the
> truth?
>
> I don't support that and I suppose I'll never do.
>
> The matter to me is not how people looks like but what people
> says. And in this case, there were two options: a misinformation or a
> lie. With a so affirmative phrase, it is some kind of lie in any case:
> when you are not well informed, if you pretend to be, you commit some
> kind of lie, and your attitude is misleading for everybody.

M. Roy you don't understand that debian != GNU. As long as you don't
understand that, and by consequence do not understand the DFSG, I do not
see why you are anoying us.

The fact of claiming I am a liar shows mainly that you are an integrist.
When writing a bug report like that, one can't assume that you are
acting in favor of users. Debian is designed to the user, do not forget
that.

As somebody told in this thread, if you do not want to see any
references to non-free/contrib write a patch for apt.
--
                                Pierre Machard
<pmachard@debian.org>                                 http://debian.org