Re: A case study of a new user turned off debian

On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 05:53:04PM +0800, Cameron Patrick wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 03:22:10AM -0600, Chris Cheney wrote:
> | I refuse to use nvidia products, but I somehow doubt that boards based
> | on their nforce2 chipset work properly either.
>
> I have a machine using the nforce2 chipset and the Woody installer
> doesn't recognise its IDE controller.  (Proper support is only in kernel
> versions >= 2.4.21.)

Actually it does, at least well enough to install. You need a kernel
argument to persuade it to work, and I can't remember what it was
offhand, but it's quite doable. I believe it is merely that the kernel
can't autodetect the presence of this controller in older versions.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |