Re: Package which uses jam (instead make)

On Tue, Oct 21, 2003 at 05:03:53PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> >> If you do not stick to the documented interfaces, you lose the
> >> ability in my eyes to express outrage when the interfaces you use
> >> change.
>
> > Except one important difference -- in this case, NOTHING CHANGES in
> > the interface if the policy proposal is accepted.
>
> 	We just disallow some usage that has been explicitley stated
>  to work.

No. How did you come to that conclusion?

This is another time you're giving the impression of "don't take away my
makefile rules files!". Well, maybe there's some Grinch out there who wants
to steal them away from you, but I assure you that my intentions are not to
do that. :)

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.