Re: Looking for a co-maintainer for adduser

Colin Watson wrote:
You haven't challenged it successfully, then; to my knowledge, my
statement is correct for the current base system, which is what it was
referring to.

I don't necessarily oppose tiny languages such as Lua, but perhaps
somebody should write the tools in question in them first, otherwise
this is pure vapourware. (Or, then again, perhaps they shouldn't; I'm
not a fan of rewriting things that already work.)

All those points are well taken. I was trying to pull a fast one: surely no one would notice a few files added to base which total 1/3rd the size of bash itself. But I've been caught.

As for the evils of rewriting, I tend to agree. However, in this case, the maintainer of adduser said, "... I don't like the way adduser is currently written (and also perl) a lot, and was planning to do a
complete overhaul," which prompted me to be so bold.

--
http:// if   le.o  /