Re: /usr/doc symlinks

On Sun, Oct 05, 2003 at 09:50:41AM +0200, Santiago Vila wrote:
> Does anyone have a good estimation about the number of packages which
> currently do this? (That is, assume *blindly* that /usr/doc exists).

I have 687 packages on my system and 35 of them have symlinks in
/usr/doc. If the number on my system scales to the number of packages in
main (12209), that would make about 622 packages that still have
symlinks to /usr/doc.

This doesn't however, answer the question about how many packages
*blindly* assume that /usr/doc exists. For example, looking at the
postinst of one package on my system, it checks to see if /usr/doc is a
directory first before symlinking.

--
gram