Re: Ideas about allowing Co-maintainer

Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com> writes:

> * Goswin von Brederlow <brederlo@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de> [2003-08-14 16:26]:
> > Will you sponsor an NMU for util-linux?
> >
> > It has ~150 bugs collected over the last 5 years, several of those
> > with patches and some policy violations. Bugs ranging from grave to
>
> 1.5 Months are over, and yet I don't see any patches sent to you to
> utill-linux's bugs.
>
> --
> Martin Michlmayr
> tbm@cyrius.com

I'm still waiting for an answere from the maitainer when he will be
done hollidaying and have time to care about patches.

I also was told to rather get upstream to include patches to keep
debian changes minimal.

There is no point for me working on those bugs if the patches will
just rod in the bts or be thrown out so as not to differ from
upstream. As I said before I won't work on the debian package again
without an assurance by the maintainer that he will look at it.

MfG
        Goswin