Re: x48

The patch is quite simple [1], and you can grab a patched version at
http://students.cs.byu.edu/~fugalh/x48-041f.tar.gz

1. search for "x48 patch fugal" on google groups.

* Uwe Steinmann [Mon, 29 Sep 2003 at 09:07 +0200]
<quote>
> On Thu, Sep 25, 2003 at 07:38:28AM -0600, Hans Fugal wrote:
> > Does anyone remember x48? It's an HP48 CPU emulator. It used to be
> > packaged for debian, but was orphaned.
> >
> > In order to do any emulation it needs a ROM, which you can download from
> > your HP48 over the serial line. You can also get ROMs from [1].
> > "HP graciously began allowing this to be downloaded in mid-2000." [1]
> > I don't know exactly what this means by way of copyright and/or license,
> > and I have emailed the webmaster of hpcalc.org to see if he knows any
> > more details. I imagine ROMs won't be distributable. x48 itself is under
> > the GPL.
> >
> > x48 hasn't been maintained for about 4 years now, and didn't work very
> > well on modern processors when I picked up the source (timing issues).
> > But Eddie Dost, the original author, has graciously worked with me to
> > get those issues resolved and it now works like a charm.
> >
> > So my question is, is there a problem with creating a package for a fine
> > but mostly-unmaintained piece of software that does its job, when I
> > myself have minimal familiarity with the code (or the HP48 processor
> > itself)?
> I would appreciate a package. I did one myself but never made it public.
> Where can the fixed version be downloaded?
>
>   Uwe
>
> --
>   MMK GmbH, Universitaetsstr. 11, 58097 Hagen
>   Uwe.Steinmann@mmk-hagen.de
>   Tel: +2331 840446    Fax: +2331 843920

</quote>

--
 Hans Fugal                 | De gustibus non disputandum est.
 http://hans.fugal.net/     | Debian, vim, mutt, ruby, text, gpg