Re: correct directorys for www.ltsp.org (for swap)

Hello!

[Sun, 28 Sep 2003] Daniel Josua Priem wrote:
> Hello,
> im have debianized www.ltsp.org.

Have you looked at

http://termserv.berlios.de/debian/dists/stable/non-free/binary-i386/

?

> the root-filesystem will now point to /usr/share/ltsp/<arch> and mounted
> read-only by the clients

/usr/share is for architecture independent data. As the root fs for the
clients can be regenerated, that should go into
/var/lib/ltsp/<arch>.

> Now i need to have a swapfile folder where all the NFS_Swap files for
> the clints can be. Please tell me wich directory would be fine.
> I thinking about /var/cache/ltsp  because refering to the FHS
>
> 5.2 /var/cache : Application cache data
>
> <package> Package specific cache data
> ......Such data is locally generated as a result of time-consuming I/O
> or calculation. The application must be able to regenerate or restore
> the data.....
>
> (if you dont delete when the client will be up no problem)

I guess you are implying the question whether this is the right place or
not... ;-] It seems to me.

    Robert.

--
Despite the best efforts of a quantum bigfoot drive (yes I know everyone
told me they suck, now I know they were right) 2.1.109ac1 is now available