Bug #47039: renaming slang.

I've been reviewing bugs in slang, and closing those that are fixed, and
examining #47039.

This requires/recommends that the package names be changed to policy
standards:

slang1 -> libslang1
slang1-dev -> libslang1-dev
slang1-pic -> libslang1-pic
slang1-utf8-dev - > libslang1-utf8-dev
slang1a-utf8 -> libslang1-utf8
slang1-utf8-pic -> libslang1-utf8-pic
slang1-utf8-dev -> libslang1-utf8-dev
slang1a-utf8-udeb -> libslang1-utf8-udeb

Doing this is straightforward, but will require
work by others: the following packages
(other than slang & newt, which I maintain), require changes as a result,
according to  apt-cache:
(change Build-Depends, Depends and recompile):

dosemu
xjed
xine-ui
xaos
ttv
timidity
ticker
tasksel
slsc
slrnpull
slrn
slmon
pdmenu
most
lpe
libterm-slang-perl
jed-common
jed
gstreamer-aa
gphone
gimp1.3
gimp
fte-terminal
francine
bb
aview
asciijump
aalib1
aalib-bin
util-linux
partimage-server
partimage
nano-tiny
lokkit
cfdisk-utf8
cdebconf

finally, build-essential would need changing, as
it lists slang, and it its change would need to be
timed with libslang entering testing.

This may be too drastic a change at this time.
What do debian-devel, and particular the
Release Manage, think?

Regards,
Alastair McKinstry

Message sent using UebiMiau 2.7.2