Re: Debian should not modify the kernels!

also sprach Matthew Garrett <mgarrett@chiark.greenend.org.uk> [2003.09.21.1614 +0200]:
> >FWIW, I basically agree. "goodies" are welcome, but backporting
> >things from the unstable branch migh= t not be that good idea.
>
> Should we stop shipping security fixes backported from development
> code?

It always depends, doesn't it? We are backporting *security* fixes
to packages, but we take care not to introduce new features. I don't
oppose some small modifications to the kernel, fixes and security
backports, but including a 2.5 IPsec stack in 2.4.21 is kinda not in
accordance with that policy, now is it?

`. `'`