Re: "non-free" software included in contrib

Em Sun, 31 Aug 2003 14:48:46 +0200, Pierre Machard <pmachard@debian.org> escreveu:

> On Sun, Aug 31, 2003 at 02:23:40PM +0200, Mathieu Roy wrote:
> [...]
> > So I do not agree that "Contrib is a ok place for installers". While
> > basically these installer are free software, it's a little bit
> > hypocritical to claim that these package contains free software.
>
> From the policy :
[...]
> In other words you do not agree with the Debian policy. It's quite
> amazing since according to :

While I agree with you that contrib is a good place for installers,
that is not a good reasoning. We did agree to respect the policy,
and to agree with it on our packaging work, but it does not mean
it is a holy book we cannot think about changing.

[]s!

--
kov@debian.org: Gustavo Noronha <http://people.debian.org/~kov>
Debian: <http://www.debian.org>  *  <http://www.debian-br.org>