overwriting files from modules packages

I am the (new) maintainer of bcm5700-source, a modules package for
the broadcom gigabit adapter. The final package,
bcm5700-module-${KVERS}, includes a manpage,
/usr/share/man/man4/bcm5700.4.gz. I just now ran into the problem
that while installing the 2.4.22 image and modules, the
bcm5700-modules-2.4.22 package attempted to install that manpage,
even though bcm5700-modules-2.4.21 already put it there.

This is a special situation, and I am not sure how to handle it.
I don't want to create the manpage in the postinst because then it
would not be under control of the package management system. I could
install a manpage including the version number and simply symlink,
but then it may be that i have symlinked to 2.4.21 even though
2.4.22 includes an updated version, which is the one that's relevant
if I booted 2.4.22.

What to do? I appreciate any advice.

`. `'`