Re: .iso conflict, discussion of resolution

Hi,

> A quick summary of this bug:
> Arson, a KDE CD burning application, includes two .desktop files to
> associate certain files with it:
> /usr/share/mimelnk/application/x-iso.desktop
> /usr/share/mimelnk/application/x-cue.desktop

This sounds like you may want to use an alternative here, so that the
sysadmin can choose which program to associate .iso files with by
default. Of course, users must be able to override this, but I think
that is given (is it?).

Alternatives will have to be supported by any package that brings such a
file, but need no support from unrelated packages. Putting the file in
question into a base package is bad because it may associate the file
with a program that is not installed.

   Simon

--
GPG Fingerprint: 040E B5F7 84F1 4FBC CEAD  ADC6 18A0 CC8D 5706 A4B4