Re: Accepted kaffe 1:1.1.1-1 (i386 source)

On Fri, Aug 29, 2003 at 04:34:58PM -0500, Adam Heath wrote:

> On Fri, 29 Aug 2003, Glenn Maynard wrote:
>
> > If I report "segmentation fault in ls", I--as a user of ls, not a
> > developer--couldn't care less about why it was segfaulting or how the
> > bug was fixed; I only care that it's been fixed.  If a developer wants
> > to spend their limited time researching how the bug was fixed and
> > summarizing it in a changelog, great, but it's certainly not something I'd
> > expect everyone to do.
>
> It's not about summarizing how the bug was fixed.  It's about summarizing the
> bug *itself* in the changelog.

I certainly prefer it if the changelog tells how the bug was fixed.  This
documents the difference between:

 * New upstream release
   - Removed the entire subsystem which contained this bug (Closes: #xxx)

 * New upstream release
   - Made the "foo" option create its file with sane permissions (Closes: #xxx)

--
 - mdz