Re: NEED HELP: Making woody LSB compliant

Martin Schulze wrote:
>     Updated alien
>
>     The alien changes have been in testing and unstable for a similar
>     amount of time.
>
> Unfortunately I can't find the source for the above packages.

...? Context error.

> I also remember some talk about start-stop-daemon having to be
> altered.  What about this one?

> Task: Review and discuss the changes against original packages

The relevant differences in alien are those made in revisions
8.15, 8.16, 8.17, and 8.20. All of these have to do with handling of
user, groups, and permissions in files in the converted packages.

None of thsse are strictly necessary for LSB compliance, they're all
just bug fixes for corner cases that some lsb packages could possibly
trigger. One lsb package that happens to trigger some of them is the lsb
test suite rpm.

--
see shy jo