Re: MEI Whitelist Autoresponse

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003, Aaron Lehmann wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 27, 2003 at 08:30:05AM -0400, paul@mei.net wrote:
> > Your message to paul@mei.net has been quarantined!
> >
> > You only need to do this once, but this time, you must verify
> > that you are a human.
>
> I almost wonder if someone sent this intentionally in light of the
> TDMA bug thread.
>
> Either way, it presents a convincing argument.

For me, it's a convincing argument that this list (debian-devel) should
only be open to subscribers and registered people (via the "whitelist")
The listmaster reports that they have no less than 42 different checks
for anti-virus notices and dozens more for other random crap, and as
everybody will clearly see, it's still not enough to have the list clean
and probably it will never be.

Not that I'm in favor or against C-R systems, but I think our mailing
lists should not multiply the stupidity of people by several thousands.