Re: Debian Weekly News - August 19th, 2003

Jérôme Marant <jmarant@free.fr> wrote:
> Quoting Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker <ilmari@ilmari.org>:
>>   consensus
>>        n : agreement of the majority in sentiment or belief
>>            [syn: {general agreement}]

>>   unanimity
>>        n : everyone being of one mind

>> A world of difference.

> No, no, no! You don't get it. There may be a majority among the
> debian-legal zealots, but we need a consensus among Debian as a
> whole (which means voting of course).

> We musn't let the bigots decide for us! ;-)

ROTFL.

Am I the only one who interpreted this as a joke?  Humpf, as even
Branden sent a sincere follow-up I think I am missing something
important. Perhaps the word "cabal" was missing? Throwing in some
"darn" might have helped, too.

Jérôme, please use "darn cabal of debian-legal zealots" next time.
   cu and- triple reading the original mail, stil smiling -reas