Re: Debian Weekly News - August 19th, 2003

Jérôme Marant dijo [Thu, Aug 21, 2003 at 12:18:10PM +0200]:
> >   consensus
> >        n : agreement of the majority in sentiment or belief
> >            [syn: {general agreement}]
> >
> >   unanimity
> >        n : everyone being of one mind
> >

> > A world of difference.
>
> No, no, no! You don't get it. There may be a majority among the
> debian-legal zealots, but we need a consensus among Debian as a
> whole (which means voting of course).
>
> We musn't let the bigots decide for us! ;-)

Well... If you really disagree with the 'bigots' on this, please join
debian-legal and join the opposition. I do think that most of us
non-'bigots' will agree with the consensus reached in debian-devel - Me
not joining that list means I don't have all the background (and, yes,
the interest) to debate their decision - and they are mostly people who
most of us hold in quite a nice position.

Now, why am I insisting in quoting the 'bigots'? Because they care.
Because being involved in all those convoluted discussions in our
behalf, in subjects we all care about but don't want to fuss over too
much makes them respectable people in my eyes.

Greetings,

--
Gunnar Wolf - gwolf@gwolf.cx - (+52-55)5630-9700 ext. 1366
PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23