Re: Debian Birthday in Netcraft

On Thu, Aug 21, 2003 at 11:59:30AM +0200, Christian Surchi wrote:
> From Netcraft newsletter and web site:
>
> Debian Linux distribution 10 years old today
>
> http://news.netcraft.com/archives/2003/08/16/debian_linux_distribution_10_years_old_today.html
>
> I'm not so sure about the value of their Debian geographical
> distribution, maybe... :-)

I'm not even sure how they derive that information, Debian's Apache might
provide it in the banner information (Since when? BTW, has this always been
the case?) but many other web servers in Debian won't. This might not be
completely relevant however (since the web server market is dominated by
two products at the moment).

But, of course, you (can?) always lie with statistics [1]

Regards

Javi

[1]
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics."
Attributed to: Benjamin Disraeli (1804-1881)
For laughs,  read
http://www4.gvsu.edu/robbinsd/courses/pa611/readings/felbinger.PDF
or
http://www.statistics.com/content/lying/teresi.html
(fresh from Google but reordered since I find the first one best)