Re: non-DD contributors and the debian keyring

Quoting Martin Quinson (martin.quinson@tuxfamily.org):

> Of course, the signature is not sufficient to get the needed trust. But I'm
> coordinator of the french translation team since a few years, so my skills
> should be trustable, I guess.
>
> But the point is that without the key, anyone can forge mails which seem to
> come from me, and thus abuse the trust my work gained me in the mind of some
> DDs.
>
> I see this point as necessary even if not sufficient.

Sure, this certainly is a good point. This leads this discussion
elsewhere : the main point is again not the problem of GPG keys....but
probably the status of contributors who are not DD's...(translators,
documentation writers, web maintainers....)

A recent thread in debian-devel-french occurred when Patrice K.* 's
application was dropped because he does not maintain any package....

As far as I can remember, this topic is periodically raised here or
there....we're maybe always beating the same dead horse.....but it
seems that the horse is not suite dead.. :-)