Re: Debian 10th birthday gear

On Wed, Aug 20, 2003 at 04:48:15PM +1000, Anand Kumria wrote:
> Hi Steve,

> On Wed, Jul 30, 2003 at 08:02:44AM -0500, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > On Wed, Jul 30, 2003 at 05:40:26PM +1000, Anand Kumria wrote:
> >
> > > If you, or anyone else, is interested shipping those overseas could be
> > > arranged (with the caveat that glass might break in transit). I need to
> > > know by this Friday to get them in time for Aug 16th so if you'd like
> > > any of this stuff, let me know.

> > What kind of shipping costs would be tacked on for overseas orders?

> It would really depend on how many you wanted, The steins are about
> 0.5kg and the bags about 250g but apparently the minimum shipping cost
> is AUD$18 (for 20kg) overseas. Which is actually more than the Steins
> (AUD$12) are, Bags are AUD$30.

> Photos are available at <URL: http://www.progsoc.org/~wildfire/debian/>
> in the appropriate directory (the .jpg's). There wasn't that much
> interest so there are only a limited number (50 bags, 72 steins).

> If you are still interested, let me know.

It was mainly a question for clarification's sake, actually -- you had
offered overseas shipping, and I know from experience that it can be
rather costly to ship to/from Australia.

In any case, I could only find a home for at most one, so it doesn't
seem cost-effective for me to partake. :)

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer