Re: How to locate package uploader?

On Tue, Aug 19, 2003 at 07:00:15PM -0600, Jamin W. Collins wrote:
> Is there any way to find out who uploaded a given package?
> Specifically, I'm interested in learning who uploaded the spip package.
> I know it lists Gaetan RYCKEBOER as the maintainer, but this individual
> doesn't appear to be listed in the Debian keyring (this would mean they
> couldn't have uploaded it as I understand) and doesn't appear to be
> listed in the list of NM applicants.  So, I'm assuming that there must
> be a sponsor for the upload, but is this information kept anywhere?

You need to find the .changes file. If the upload closes any bugs, you
can extract it from the BTS, but unfortunately the attempts at bug
closing in these uploads were mistyped (cc'ing the maintainer due to
this: Gaetan, you need to make sure to include the colon, that is
"(Closes: #200341)", not "(Closes #200341)"). Failing that, people with
accounts on auric can get the .changes file from queue/done and use 'gpg
--verify' to check the signature.

The sponsor in this case was Julien Danjou <acid@debian.org>.

Cheers,