Re: Bits from the RM

On Tue, Aug 19, 2003 at 09:25:48AM -0400, Theodore Ts'o wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 19, 2003 at 04:49:25PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> >
> > So, it's time we start doing more than think about the next release. Since
> > I'm all for aggressive goals, let's aim for sometime in December -- how
> > about 2003-12-01 00:00:00 UTC?
>
> Bravo!  Bravo!  Bravissmo!
>
> I think this proposal is a wonderful one.  I especially like the
> suggestion to expand the use experimental, and to increase the quality
> expectations of unstable --- in effect, making unstable to be a
> "testing-in-waiting".

Being one of those who use 'aggressively' :-P experimental, I can
also say that branching and syncing different packages
is potentially a real pain.

Please, use experimental in a reasonable and minimal
way. Having testing, unstable and a-really-unstable could be worst
than now: current managing of testing <- unstable is automatic.
It's not the same for unstable <- experimental.

Massive use of experimental could bring to chaos...

That's just my 2¢

--
Francesco P. Lovergine