Re: Territorialism (was: Unmaintained Packages)

On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 11:24:19AM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:

> Reduced requirements for NMUs, plus the tendency to see any package with
> 3 or more NMUs at the top of its changelog over a period of 1+ month as
> effectively either oprhaned or maintained by whoever is really doing the
> work.

That seems like a good start.  My personal, subjective unmaintainership
metric also takes into account BTS activity.  It should also be noted that I
completely disregard maintainer statements about whether they are active or
not.  If they are not doing the work, it doesn't matter (but from the
subject, this has probably already come up in this thread).

--
 - mdz