Re: Territorialism

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 00:37:35 -0400, neroden@twcny.rr.com (Nathanael
Nerode) wrote:
>Marc Haber wrote:
>>On 09 Aug 2003 11:54:59 +0200, Goswin von Brederlow
>><brederlo@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de> wrote:
>>>The maintainer is still alive and kicking. If you are intrested in
>>>taking over ifupdown or become coauthor ask him. If he says no pster
>>>him about the bugs till he gives up :)
>>
>>I have been talking to ifupdown's maintainer for a lot of times, but I
>>currently don't see any chance to get the (fully backwards-compatible)
>>patch from Bug #88948 into the mainstream package before sarge's
>>release. Which is a real pity.
>
>Does he (/she) have specific objections to the patch?

None that he explicitly mentioned.

>Or is it just a not-invented-here attitude?

I think it's a too-much-work problem, since the maintainer of ifupdown
as as well release manager and has quite some other tasks to do in the
Debian project. I appreciate the work he does for the project, but
OTOH I hate it when a patch that doesn't break any backwards
compatibility sits in the BTS for two years.

Greetings
Marc