Re: Release-critical Bugreport for August 8, 2003

* Matthew Palmer (mpalmer@debian.org) [030811 01:20]:
> On Sun, Aug 10, 2003 at 10:11:54PM +0200, Andreas Barth wrote:
> > * Matthew Palmer (mpalmer@debian.org) [030810 06:20]:
> > > I say we focus on MTAs, then.  <g>

> > I would say that all MTAs except exim, exim4, postfix and sendmail can
> > be kicked off debian if they have RC-bugs and no one is going to fix

> Obviously I've touched a nerve there, but why reserve your ire for MTAs?
> Your criteria would fit rather well for all packages...

I have no ire, neither about MTAs nor about any other package. I was
only asking the question (well, I've answered the question from my
view ;) on what the valuable time of bug squashing-parties should be
spent. If a fith MTA does make a valuable contribution, than that's
also ok - I just can't see a value that rectifies the usage of much
time on fixing the packages. Of course, your mileage may vary, and
it's always the decision of each single volunteer on what subject he
is spending his time - and I do welcome each single RC-bug solved.

Cheers,
Andi
--
   http://home.arcor.de/andreas-barth/