Re: About NM and Next Release

On Sun, Aug 10, 2003 at 11:45:27AM +0200, David Weinehall wrote:

> Now a slight hint to the NM-applicants that repeatedly complain about
> our DAM, some even hinting that he is stalling accepting of new
> maintainers for his own purpose or just generally being an BDAMFH.  He
> isn't.  Well, at least I saw no dark aura around his presence when I
> met him at Deb{Camp,Conf}, his name isn't Darth Troup, he never
> smirked, or laughed in evil sinister ways.  Or, simpler said, he is a
> perfectly nice guy, like any of us.  He has a lot of things to do,
> that's all, and few others can be trusted with the responsibility to
> perform them.
>
> Now, if you know that the only way to get into your favourite club is
> to go through the main entrance, and the main entrance is guarded by a
> bouncer who doesn't take bribes, is it then a good idea to slander
> him, question his authority or demanding his resignation?

Now, you're talking about something different.  Chances are that bouncer
would give you some indication of acceptance or refusal within an
acceptable time frame (most likely a matter of minutes).  The acceptable
time frame from a club bouncer and say the Debian Project are too
entirely different things.

So, James Troup is a reasonable guy in person.  I've never met the guy,
and it's a safe bet he's never met me.  However, I can see several
applicants that until very recently (after the start of these threads)
were left in the lurch, for quite some time, with no indication of why.
Regardless of how nice (or not) someone is, this seems to be a clear
case of non-communication with those waiting on them.

--
Jamin W. Collins

This is the typical unix way of doing things: you string together lots
of very specific tools to accomplish larger tasks. -- Vineet Kumar