Re: About NM and Next Release

On Sun, Aug 10, 2003 at 09:02:54AM +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> Matthew Palmer <mpalmer@debian.org> writes:
> > On Fri, Aug 08, 2003 at 08:58:50PM +0200, Christoph Haas wrote:
> > > mailing list approach to communicate but IMHO a web based forum is a
> > > good compromise between a database and a mailing list.
> >
> > How?
>
> Because you have an overview of open bugs, patches and topics and can
> still discuss things.

Aaaaand we don't have that now with debbugs?

Let's see:

1) An overview of open bugs: http://bugs.debian.org/mpalmer@debian.org.  It
works on a per-package basis as well.  Check!

2) Patches: Well, that needs the webform, but by checking the "Include tag:
patch" box, you can get the appropriate information.

3) Topics: Not entirely sure about this one, but you could map it to
"packages" and go with PTS mail, or try this new fangled thing they've got
now called "mailing lists".

4) Discuss things: Oooh!  I've heard about this cool new program
called "e-mail".

<dws> implied.

- Matt