Re: Building kernel with framebuffer support (was: Re: GCC for kernel compilation)

[ We can continue this off-list to no bother -devel anymore ]

On Fri, Aug 08, 2003 at 10:20:28AM +0200, Otto Wyss wrote:
> > On Fri, 8 Aug 2003 04:14, Otto Wyss wrote:
> > > I just upgraded to the current Sarge and also got GCC 3.3. It seems this
> > > version can't compile all the drivers in kernel 2.4.21. Which version

> I get lots of warning (i.e. variable fb isn't used in aty182 driver). I
> don't get these warnings when I use CC=gcc-2.95. It's a little bit
> difficult to trace warnings and errors during a kernel compilation. I'd
> be good if warnings and error where duplicated into a log file.
>
> I'm trying to build a kernel with framebuffer support for the Matrox
> G400 card but I always get "open /dev/fb0: No such device" when I use
> fbset.

What kernel version (2.4.12) ? and what fbset version ? Does help
downgrading to the stable fbset ? Does help downgrading to a previous
kernel ?

regards,
guillem