Re: About NM and Next Release

On Thu, Aug 07, 2003 at 12:33:08PM +0200, Eduard Bloch wrote:
> What we need is a database with simple mailing list function (similar to
> PTS) where willing sponsors for a certain package can subscribe and
> sponsorees with much motivation can send diffs for the next version
> upgrade. Easy to review and check, easy to build and upload. And easy to
> comment and communicate with other sponsors or co-maintainers.

This idea isn't quite new. I have already offered opening a forum for
such purpose at the mentors.debian.net project as many potential and
real NMs have asked for one. Perhaps this is the time for someone to
just offer it. That could at least simply communication between NMs,
mentors and sponsors. One might argue that this isn't the classic
mailing list approach to communicate but IMHO a web based forum is a
good compromise between a database and a mailing list.

 Christoph

--
~
~