Re: Zeroconf Debian?

On Fri, Aug 08, 2003 at 11:34:05AM +0200, Matthias Urlichs wrote:

 > > If you have an admin who has properly setup DNS, DHCP, etc zeroconf
 > > has little practical use.
 >
 > Maybe not zeroconf, but somewhat-less-than-100%-manually-conf is good.
 >
 > Consider printers, for instance. The home user wants to see printers
 > without configuring them.

 That's something I was wondering about the other day.  Is there a
 protocol (something related to IPP I'd guess) which allows for
 discovery of network printers?  Pointers to the relevant documentation
 or RFC would be appreciated.  The WvPrint people mentioned something
 about that but AFAICS it's still vapourware.

 Marcelo