Re: About NM and Next Release

On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 23:25:41 +0100
Andrew Suffield <asuffield@debian.org> wrote:
> I *do not* want people to contribute *because* they "like the
> project".

    What other reason would their be?  Why would they want to contribute to a
project they don't like esp. when there is no financial gain for it?  IE, do
what you like.  If you don't like it, don't do it.

    I suspect what you mean to say is that you don't want people to contribute
*solely* based on the fact that they like the project.  You, however, have not
yet mentioned that.

> They should find some other reason to contribute. Preferably one which
> makes sense. We've suggested one or two in other parts of this thread.

    Such as?

> Please tell me you are not seriously taking the words of Sherlock
> Holmes as the foundation of all logic.

    Of course not.  But if the shoe fits.

> Is this merely an attempt at libel, or are you really that confused?

    Neither.  I am pointing out that someone liking a project is hardly a
reason to reject them out of hand.