Re: About NM and Next Release

Adam Majer <adamm@galacticasoftware.com> writes:

> On Thu, Aug 07, 2003 at 09:47:38AM +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> > Adam Majer <adamm@galacticasoftware.com> writes:
> >
> > > On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 02:38:34PM -0500, Adam Heath wrote:
> > > Anyway, waiting for DAM for some months now. I guess it has been
> > > 4-5 months now. I asked him on IRC when he might get arround to
> > > my application, but he just said when he has time...
> >
> > He actually replied?
> >
> > I saw him talking on irc and thus knew he was around and
> > breathing. But not even a "bugger off" reply when I asked him.
>
> Maybe you didn't ask right :) But you will probably get the same
> response as I got - he'll get arround to it when he has time.
>
> > > But I have no complains.. well, maybe except that every week or two
> > > the parties responsible for the applicant (eg, AM or DAM) should
> > > send out a status reports or something. That way there would be
> > > less stagnation in the entire process. Why? Because people want to
> > > do least amount of work to do their job. Just a suggestion.
> >
> > A simple timestamps on the application webpage showing the last time
> > the AM or DAM did anything with the application would be a plus
> > already.
>
> But *if* the DAM or AM would need to write a status report every
> week or two re: applications they are responsible for, there would be a tendancy to
> either:
>   1. reject the applicant (eg. when applicant doesn't reply to
>                                email or doesn't know what make does)
>   2. accept the applicant
>
> And the reason for that is because people don't want to write reports!

Isn't there a log file for every change in the databate to the
application? The date of the last change could be included
automatically.

Also aren't mails between AM, DAM, Advocate and NM archived somewhere?
Why not pull the timestamp of the last mail for that application from
there. It would only require a "CC: applicant@nm-archive" or something
in each mail which shouldn't be to hard on everyone.

MfG
        Goswin