Re: About NM and Next Release

> On [06/08/03 17:29], Halil Demirezen wrote:
> > What I would like to point out here is, totally over the world claims
> > that debian is being obsolete. New releases are so slow. Yes they are
>
> Why do you you think that "over the world" Debian is "being obsolete"?
> Do you have some evidence or proof for your argument?

I gotto make clear myself before I go any further. I know Debian is well
documented project. However, As far I see, for a new release, as one
said in the re: mails, every package should be handled for bugs..
I think Debian as being a well elite ( I do not mean that is bad) project,
has not got enough *man power* to step fast ahead. While everybody wants
to see latest versions in Debian, you cant close your ears acting like
"if you want, do then". S, when I stress it out here, People ask me to
show evidences. Yes, I have to take a note showing that people said what
and when.

> > partially right. However, with 700 maintainers, Debian is slow. We would
>
> I don't think that Debian itself is slow, only the current release
> process might be slow.

Debian is like a hive. Not slow, However, to me, compared to others,
with these much of people (developer), And I believe, there are maintainers
who are not diligent as some who are non-DDs. what I want is Debian should
have more developer and these developers should act as bees in the hive.
IMHO, NM process does not satisfy the needs currently. It must be, however
not the way it is now. Dont ask me "show me a way what it is supposed to be".

> > like to be a part of Debian through NM process. However, NM process
> > cause a deeply undesireble emotions on  applicants because of 2-3
> > years wait duration. To me, opposing to the policies Debian is on
>
> Altough I'm one of those people who consider the current NM process to
> need further improvement, I'm not agreeing here with you. As far as I
> know there are not more then a handful of applicants waiting for such
> a period of time. And according to others, this are applicants that
> James Troup (the current DAM) doesn't want to accept. So while the
> current NM process is flawed and especially it can take quite some time
> to wait for the DAM to process the application it's not taking 2-3 years
> normally.

Debian or any release based projects should not have any time like 2-3
years to gain a developer at worst.

> > We believe we could be helpful. However, We are trying to be cut off
> > from that project. Totally this is agaist prejudice on Policies.. and
> > DFSG.
>
> No, that's not correct. Nobody is trying to cut you off from Debian at
> all. Please show clear evidence where you are really cut off from
> Debian, otherwise it's one of the strangest arguments that I've heared
> from a new maintainer so far.

Noone declares that he/she wants to cut any outcomer off from Debian. So, I cant
provide an evidence here. However, some can have discrimination and he can
tolerate his actions based upon this.