Re: NM non-process

On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 04:09:15PM -0400, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 03:16:12PM -0400, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
>
> > Here is where you're entirely and totally wrong.  It indicates a
> > breakdown in the communication process.
>
> Communication with whom?  I don't think that anyone besides the applicant
> himself needs to be informed.

Generally they are not, maybe a direct mail to DAM might help, though.

> > If these people are being delayed for a reason, the reason needs to be
> > written down publically in the appropriate place.
>
> I disagree; if the applicant knows why they are being delayed, then the fact
> that this information is not published on the website does not indicate that
> the process is broken.

Generally the applicant does not know why. Again, a mail to DAM might bring
some light. Have not tried myself, since i met him IRL during Debconf3.

data

--
Jesus Climent | Unix SysAdm | Helsinki, Finland | pumuki.hispalinux.es
GPG: 1024D/86946D69 BB64 2339 1CAA 7064 E429  7E18 66FC 1D7F 8694 6D69

The fool looks at a finger that points at the sky.
		--The Sacré-Coeur Boy (Amelie)