Re: About NM and Next Release

Martin Sjögren <martin@strakt.com> writes:

> On Thu, Aug 07, 2003 at 09:41:40AM +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> > Working on boot-floppies and debian-installer is not realy fruitfull
> > as non-DD. cvs access goes a long way there.
>
> I must have severe reading and parsing problems today, because I don't
> understand what you are saying. The way we handle this in d-i, is that we
> encourage contributors to send patches to the mailing list. If the patches
> are good, we apply them. When we get tired of applying good patches, we
> get the person a pserver cvs account. When we get tired of uploading their
> packages, we bug them to become developers and carefully prod elmo about
> it, too.

e.g. my devfs patches never got added to boot-floppies to my knowledge
and I never got told what would be wrong with them.

For the mklibs.py changes Falk Hueffner was luckily intrested and I
can prod him physically so he coauthored and got them added. Without
him I wouldn't have bothered trying to write patches due to my
boot-floppies experience.

MfG
        Goswin