Re: Should MUA only Recommend mail-transfer-agent?

On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 10:34:28PM -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:
> On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 07:27:01 +0200
> Tollef Fog Heen <tfheen@raw.no> wrote:
> > I don't know the laws where you come from, but in .no, I think this
> > would be very illegal.  Also, you don't want to archive everything
> > that passes through a mail server, that'll just give you a huge bunch
> > of unorganized crap.
>
>     Here it isn't.  That is because that correspondence is done on company
> time using company equipment supposedly for company purposes.  They have the
> right to keep records of what is going on and some companies do, indeed, keep
> records.  Obviously they're not going to keep the spam.  The point is though
> that they do keep records and unless your personal mail is caught by some
> automatic filter or is removed manually (in which case it is read anyway) it
> can be saved.

Then perhaps you should use an encrypted tunnel to a safer location. I
wouldn't send mails through that channel, even if it was work related.
You should value your integrity more than that.

--
Peter Mathiasson, peter at mathiasson dot nu, http://www.mathiasson.nu
GPG Fingerprint: A9A7 F8F6 9821 F415 B066 77F1 7FF5 C2E6 7BF2 F228