Re: About NM and Next Release

On Thursday 07 August 2003 03:40, Joe Wreschnig wrote:
> Face it - no free software project is "easy" to join (except apparently
> KDE...)

I think not even that is exactly true either, since the skills required to get
a cvs account for KDE are surely somewhat above our NM checks[1]. You usually
need to have a whole application written by yourself to get an account,
and while this is of course somewhat similar to our "prospective DDs should
have at least one package" rule, creating a Debian package is hardly
comparable to creating a full-blown C++ application. (Unless, of course, the
complexity of the Debian package is well above average, because of required
and difficult upstream work for instance.)

Cheers,
Yven

[1]: Well, some might of course argue: "but after the checks comes ftp-master
and raises the bar infinitely, so it is *more* difficult", but I won't be
beating *that* horse right now ;-)

--
Yven Johannes Leist - leist@beldesign.de
http://www.leist.beldesign.de