Re: Should MUA only Recommend mail-transfer-agent?

On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 07:27:01 +0200
Tollef Fog Heen <tfheen@raw.no> wrote:
> I don't know the laws where you come from, but in .no, I think this
> would be very illegal.  Also, you don't want to archive everything
> that passes through a mail server, that'll just give you a huge bunch
> of unorganized crap.

    Here it isn't.  That is because that correspondence is done on company
time using company equipment supposedly for company purposes.  They have the
right to keep records of what is going on and some companies do, indeed, keep
records.  Obviously they're not going to keep the spam.  The point is though
that they do keep records and unless your personal mail is caught by some
automatic filter or is removed manually (in which case it is read anyway) it
can be saved.

> Then you send it to the archive manually.

    Tell that to the PHBs that make policy, not me.