Re: Usefulness of SSMTP [Was: Should MUA only Recommend mail-transfer-agent?]

On Wed, 2003-08-06 at 17:09, Mark Ferlatte wrote:
> ssmtp in unstable supports TLS and certificate based AUTH (so you can
> authenticate on a per machine basis for relay).  It appears to have AUTH
> CRAM-MD5 support, but it's unclear if that's distributable (according to
> comments in the source).  It also has AUTH LOGIN support (on a per user basis,
> via the -au and -ap command line options).

Interesting. I'm running unstable, but I can't find instructions on
enabling TLS anywhere (nor does SSMTP seem to link to any TLS
libraries). I see mention of it in the README (specifically, only a
credit for it), but not the manual page, nor the configuration file, nor
README.Debian. ssmtp.conf has no manual page.

If it is there, it's damned well hidden.
--
Joe Wreschnig <piman@debian.org>